As a service to the community, the Northwest Arkansas Chapter of PRSA is pleased to offer a job bank.
The job bank will help the members of the NWA chapter know about job openings in the public relations and communications field. The job bank also benefits employers who are seeking to hire public relations and communications professionals.
All job position announcements and individuals' resumes may be posted for free on this page for three months.
If you would like to post a job, please send by e-mail: a description of the position, requirements (experience and education), application procedures/deadline, salary (optional), and contact information. Please include an e-mail address if applicable.
Individuals interested in the job will make direct contact with the employer.
Contact: Dave Edmark, 479-575-6940
Additional Career Resources for PR Professionals
Public Relations Coordinator, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Division: Museum Relations
Reports to: Media Relations Manager
Date Reviewed: 12/8/14
The Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for promoting public programs and planning, executing and evaluating social media efforts. The Public Relations Coordinator works with the Media Relations Manager to enhance engagement and reach and support attendance goals for the Museum. The Public Relations Coordinator works in collaboration with administrators, staff, and volunteers, and reports directly to the Media Relations Manager.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
* Implement public information programs to generate understanding of and support for the mission and values of the Museum.
* Maintain proactive communication with colleagues and manage multiple projects on deadline.
* In conjunction with programming and education efforts as well as key stakeholders, the Public Relations Coordinator will execute marketing plans in support of the Museum’s attendance goals.
* Implement plans to include the following tactics:
-- Manage community calendar database and monthly entries.
-- Create distribution plans for posters and promotional materials.
-- Write program descriptions, e-newsletter copy, monthly programming press releases, posters, signage, guides, etc.
-- Identify collaborative promotional opportunities with community partners.
-- Create social media posts and assist with blog entries.
Media relations management:
* In conjunction with the Media Relations Manager, identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with college/university media contacts.
* Support media monitoring, management, and analytics with monitoring tool, CisionPoint.
Social media management:
* In conjunction with key stakeholders, develop social media plans in support of the Museum’s strategic goals and departmental objectives.
* Manage the Museum’s presence on all social networking sites:
-- Facebook (Crystal Bridges and Artinfusion)
* Build and maintain an active, engaged online audience of advocates.
* Monitor trends in social media tools to stay abreast of emerging platforms, channels, and technologies.
* Measure and report the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns.
* Report on google analytics as well as analytics for each social media platform.
* Share data on a monthly basis through department and board reporting and refine efforts based on results.
Education, Training, Traits:
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
* Academic training and/or specific work experience in public relations, marketing, or communications.
* Ability to write and be effective in fast-paced working environments with absolute deadlines.
* Ability to assess and synthesize media landscape for issues and opportunities to inform media planning, pacing and promotion.
* Superb writing and editing skills and a strong sense of narrative and story-telling.
* Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate in a clear and persuasive manner.
* A confident communications professional with a good sense of judgment.
* Ability to understand and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
* Highest ethics as they relate to all aspects of museum practices.
* A high level of professional integrity and the ability to handle sensitive issues and situations with discretion.
* Knowledge of museum operations, the arts industry, and arts marketing is a plus.
* Belief in the Museum as a cause for social good and a positive, dynamic force for economic development.
* Minimum two years of experience in related employment preferred.
* Preferred work experience in following areas: promotions, marketing, journalism or communications field.
* Demonstrated experience using the Internet as a public relations tool.
In regard to education and experience, an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience will satisfy the minimum requirements.
Licenses and Certifications:
* Valid driver’s license required.
Skills and Abilities:
* Highly effective written, verbal, and listening communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
* Ability and willingness to work weekends and evenings, as required.
* Highly developed public speaking skills a plus.
* Demonstrated organizational planning, problem-solving, and collaboration skills.
* Demonstrated understanding and use of diplomacy.
* Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Database and media relations software knowledge preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: In the work environments described below, Position requires utilizing a computer and telephone for prolonged periods of time, good eye/hand coordination, verbal and written conversation with others, lifting/carrying (up to 10 lbs.), and ability to move around the Museum. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment, museum spaces, and in communities served. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Apply online at http://bit.ly/1AYCeFj.
Mitchell Communications Group -- Account Coordinator, Energy & CSR
Salary Range: Competitive
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Mitchell Communications Group, a rapidly growing, national award-winning strategic communications firm offering services in Public Relations, Digital & Social Media, Creative Design & Production and Organizational & Leadership Development is seeking an Account Coordinator. The Account Coordinator is an integral part of the Energy & CSR team, assisting multiple clients across a number of industries through tactical activities, project management, limited direct communications with clients and administrative functions. The Account Coordinator is key to the execution of integrated communications programs for local and national brands. This position offers opportunities to enhance the candidate’s professional skills and grow in the profession every day.
Energy & CSR Practice
* Employee communications
* Brand positioning and reputation management
* Issues management
* Crisis communications
* Corporate social responsibility
* Digital and social media project planning
* Media relations
* Writing: Writing and editing communications materials following AP style rules and other journalistic preferences, creating compelling story angles and message points. Writing capabilities should support: blogs, web copy, press releases, presentations, newsletter copy, talking points and more.
* Project management: Planning, organizing, and managing resources to the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
* Media relations: Pitching media on stories and interviews, developing media lists and relationship building. Implementing social media techniques.
* Supporting team including scheduling, evaluating projects, developing and maintaining spreadsheets and calendars, participating in client meetings, capturing meeting minutes, scheduling, billing review, etc. Keeping informed of each client’s industry and competition is essential.
* Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2+ years of experience within a communications agency or in a communications role for a corporate entity. The Account Coordinator role rewards candidates who are collaborative, proactive and driven. The position requires ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks every day while remaining flexible to changing environments. Candidate must also be willing to assist with all aspects of the company as needed.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree: public relations, journalism, communications, marketing, English or related field preferred.
* Excellent organization skills.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Comfortable in a very fast-paced and changing environment.
* Good interpersonal skills, collaborative, ability to work closely with a team.
* Reliable, deadline driven and detail-oriented.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and online search engines.
Please apply at: http://mitchcommgroup.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-641801.html