As a service to the community, the Northwest Arkansas Chapter of PRSA is pleased to offer a job bank.
The job bank will help the members of the NWA chapter know about job openings in the public relations and communications field. The job bank also benefits employers who are seeking to hire public relations and communications professionals.
All job position announcements and individuals' resumes may be posted for free on this page for three months.
If you would like to post a job, please send by e-mail: a description of the position, requirements (experience and education), application procedures/deadline, salary (optional), and contact information. Please include an e-mail address if applicable.
Individuals interested in the job will make direct contact with the employer.
Contact: Dave Edmark, 479-575-6940
Additional Career Resources for PR Professionals
Arvest Bank - Social Media Community Manager
Applications must be submitted at https://www.arvest.com to be considered. EOE/AA
SUMMARY: The Social Media Community Manager is primarily responsible for managing the presence, brand and reputation of Arvest Bank and its subsidiaries in the social media space and other emerging digital media channels. The SMC develops and implements social media strategies, campaigns and projects that support and enhance the business, brand and operational goals of Arvest Bank. Actively elevate customer service quality by providing actionable intelligence and engagement opportunities by continually monitoring online references to Arvest and subsidiaries and working with appropriate internal teams for timely customer support. Ultimately responsible for leveraging social media and other digital communications platforms to effectively communicate Arvest's products and brand story, while working to provide a quality interactive experience for customers and prospects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Defines, proposes and leads strategies for primary social media channels including, adherence to usage guidelines, messaging mix, content scheduling, and the role of each channel in overall marketing strategies.
2. Collaborate with other Marketing and Customer Service stakeholders on strategy development and program implementation, ensuring alignment with and support of overall Marketing and Public Relations efforts to tell the Arvest story and share community participation.
3. Leads integration of social channels with Arvest web properties and other Arvest marketing channels. Create and manage content for the Arvest blog and/or package content appropriately for use in various online channels, including social web properties.
4. Monitors Arvest-related posts and commentary across all key social channels on a daily/weekly basis; produces and distributes meaningful, actionable analysis on key conversation topics, volume and sentiment for management review. Engage Customer Service and local management on strategies to assist with customer problem resolution and outreach.
5. Oversees brand presence development, communication/posting strategies and day-to-day maintenance of Arvest activity on social channels such as but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest. Includes proposing themes and promotions, developing content and collaborates with vendors as needed.
6. Conducts ad hoc analysis of social conversation in response to issues, crisis situations and other trends impacting brand image and consumer opinions while providing insight and recommendations on overall communications strategies to management.
7. Ensure all social engagement efforts by Arvest are within applicable regulatory compliance guidelines and within bank risk policies.
8. Stay current with latest technologies and advancements and look for opportunities to further the Arvest business in a profitable manner.
9. Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will enhance operations and profitability of the organization, including cost
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations or related area or equivalent work experience is required.
· 2-4 years experience in professional online marketing, social media or public/media relations is required.
· 1-2 years experience managing social media channels is required.
· Exceptional writing and editing skills are required.
· Experience with social media monitoring tools preferred.
· Project management experience preferred.
(Posted March 12, 2012)
The City Wire (www.thecitywire.com) is looking for talented freelancers with photography skills and/or strong writing skills.
A qualified applicant would own a good camera, and be able to attend events and then provide 10-20 quality photos of the event along with photo cutlines and a short story about the event.
Feature writers with experience are also needed to provide coverage of the arts & entertainment sectors in the Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas areas.
Previous journalism experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
The City Wire is a web publication that covers business, political and arts & entertainment news and events in the Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas areas.
If interested, please e-mail — use "Freelance interest" in the e-mail subject line — clips, photo samples, resume, etc. to: firstname.lastname@example.org