As a service to the community, the Northwest Arkansas Chapter of PRSA is pleased to offer a job bank.
The job bank will help the members of the NWA chapter know about job openings in the public relations and communications field. The job bank also benefits employers who are seeking to hire public relations and communications professionals.
All job position announcements and individuals' resumes may be posted for free on this page for three months.
If you would like to post a job, please send by e-mail: a description of the position, requirements (experience and education), application procedures/deadline, salary (optional), and contact information. Please include an e-mail address if applicable.
Individuals interested in the job will make direct contact with the employer.
Contact: Dave Edmark, 479-575-6940
Additional Career Resources for PR Professionals
Director of Marketing, Mitchell Communications Group
The Director of Marketing is responsible for infusing Mitchell’s brand messaging, tonality and actions throughout content and authentically reflecting the agency’s brand perspective and attitudes. This position will successfully build and promote the agency in close partnership with Executive Management by providing innovative, strategic marketing plans that contribute to strategic public relations, public affairs, social media and internal and external communications in support of the agency. This position will support the editorial process and ensure that all messages and content are relevant to the target audience.
· Implements marketing and media plans, strategy and programs.
· Manages content development in an interactive setting.
o Maintains agency profile pages on social media.
o Ensures the agency website is constantly refreshed and updated with information, examples, case studies, biographies, etc.
o Ensures content is correctly presented and is on-strategy, logically placed, comprehensible and appropriate to the target audience.
o Oversees online search optimization program for the agency, including tagging content and identifying key words to be used in paid and organic searches.
· Collaborates with in-house producers, designers and digital/social teams regularly.
· Identifies opportunities to publicize the agency (new clients, new team members, new work assignments or team member opportunities, etc.)
· Manages an editorial calendar of content across mediums (social channels, websites, PR, broadcast/video, events, etc.) and identified new content program areas. Selects and evaluates content; maintains content inventory.
· Spearheads entries in industry competitions and award shows.
· Handles the administration of the Marketing department and its personnel.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or related field.
· A minimum of 12 years of experience working in marketing, outreach, communications or editorial.
· Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive, leadership, content experience and understanding of the advertising, marketing brand landscape.
· Must be an experienced and highly competent writer who can quickly modify a piece of content or creative for use in multiple channels in various formats.
· Outstanding communication skills and professionalism.
· Expert level attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills needed to maintain brand integrity and dialogue with users.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Must have an understanding of interaction design and information architecture with regards to content strategy.
· Must have content development and editorial calendar planning experience.
Mitchell Communications Group is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
Please apply at http://www.mitchcommgroup.com/careers/careers.aspx
American Heart Association
Communications Director – NW Arkansas
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Communications in the SouthWest Affiliate. Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, the selected candidate will serve the NW Arkansas market working with development and health strategies staff to craft and deliver strategic communications and marketing support. The Director of Communications will play a significant role in helping the Association reach our 2020 Impact Goal by delivering mission-related messaging to NW Arkansas.
Responsibilities involve working with staff and volunteers to create and execute strategic public relations campaigns and to develop communications and marketing relationships, strategies and deliverables in support of AHA fundraising efforts, educational programs, awareness campaigns, advocacy efforts and branding. This position requires travel within the NW Arkansas area to meet with media, community stakeholders and key volunteers and sponsors.
* Support NW Arkansas staff and volunteer communications by serving as the strategic communications and marketing lead.
* Serve as the media contact for NW Arkansas, including smaller surrounding markets, leading all media relations efforts to build awareness for master AHA/ASA and sub-brands through targeted communications activities.
* Develop, lead and drive comprehensive and integrated traditional media, social media and marketing plans for the NW Arkansas market.
* Collaborate with development and health strategies integration partners to help convey AHA mission-related activities.
* In conjunction with the Health Equity Director, collaborate to generate outreach and communications efforts specific to multicultural audiences with an emphasis on the Native American, Hispanic/Latino and African American population.
* Work with the Government Relations Director to drive communications efforts that directly impact the AHA’s public policy agenda including local, state and federal campaigns.
* Engage sponsors in effective activation activities and work directly with market staff to generate solid sponsor ROI.
* Attend and lead communications efforts for all key fundraising events.
* Work with development partners to inject passion into events via scripting and event run-of-show.
* Secure local media sponsorships for AHA events and programs.
* Manage and increase social media engagement through Facebook and Twitter.
* Contribute to design needs, including approving all materials to ensure alignment and adherence to AHA Branding Guidelines.
* Provide volunteer and staff training and additional resources as necessary related to new and on-going AHA programs and campaigns.
* Increase and steward volunteer engagement through community relations and the recruitment of leadership volunteers to help achieve revenue and mission goals.
* Position requires ability to travel daily and overnight up to 10 percent.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in communications, public relations, journalism or related field preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years’ experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
* Must have at least 3 years of experience in public relations communications, public relations, marketing or journalism. This experience may also count toward satisfying the educational requirement. Nonprofit experience preferred.
* Existing media relationships in the NW Arkansas market preferred.
* Solid understanding of communications planning and implementation, media relations and working within the NW Arkansas market.
* Proven ability to develop and implement communications plans and to create and place stories and promotional ideas with journalists and promotions directors in print, broadcast and social media platforms.
* Previous experience securing media sponsorships to provide maximum coverage.
* Skill in writing and editing for a variety of audiences via numerous marketing platforms, including writing for the web and mobile, experience with AP Style preferred.
Experience in engaging communities via Social Media with metrics to support strategies (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
* Experience producing short video presentations, including script writing, shooting video and editing and/or directing external agencies on such projects.
* Ability to create sponsor ROI materials.
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (v5) strongly preferred.
* Must have at least intermediate knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office 2013 used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
* Must have the ability to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must be at least 18 years old.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases? Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
Click here to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association. Be sure to follow us on Twitter to see what it is like to work for the American Heart Association and why so many people enjoy #TheAHALife
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Apply online at American Heart Associaiton website.