As a service to the community, the Northwest Arkansas Chapter of PRSA is pleased to offer a job bank.
The job bank will help the members of the NWA chapter know about job openings in the public relations and communications field. The job bank also benefits employers who are seeking to hire public relations and communications professionals.
All job position announcements and individuals' resumes may be posted for free on this page for three months.
If you would like to post a job, please send by e-mail: a description of the position, requirements (experience and education), application procedures/deadline, salary (optional), and contact information. Please include an e-mail address if applicable.
Individuals interested in the job will make direct contact with the employer.
Contact: Dave Edmark, 479-575-6940
Additional Career Resources for PR Professionals
Department of Communication Arts
Major: Media Communications
Concentration: Public Relations
The Communication, Arts and Media Department of Oral Roberts University invites applications for a full-time faculty appointment effective August 2014. Rank is commensurate with education.
Job listing aslso on ORU website at http://webapps.oru.edu/new_php/employment/jobs/index.php?id=1070&type=FACULTY
The successful candidate will:
• Share in teaching public relations and journalism courses such as Principles of Public Relations, PR Case Studies, Media Law and Ethics, Senior Research Project and Campaign Strategies;
• Advise and mentor undergraduate media students studying public relations, advertising and convergence journalism;
• Guide the development of curriculum for a possible online Masters in Public Relations
• Serve as advisor to ORU’s Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) chapter;
• Engage in scholarly research, presentations, publications and in professional development activities;
• Be involved in university activities such as faculty meetings, committee meetings, retreats and chapel services; and,
• Embrace a whole-person commitment as articulated in the University’s Code of Honor: http://www.oru.edu/faculty_and_staff/faculty/new_docs/honor_code_pledge.pdf
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a PhD or MFA in communications/media/journalism or ABD in an active program.
• Be innovative and successful in teaching public relations courses which incorporate discipline-based research, writing and technologies for new media channels; and,
• Demonstrate integrated faith in the classroom, church and community.
ORU’s academic mission is to transform students by the power of the Holy Spirit into whole, competent servant-leaders through fully Christian liberal arts and professional education. At its core, ORU values:
• Christian Distinctiveness—upholding the Christian worldview with a charismatic emphasis.
• Whole-person Education – developing professionally competent leaders who are spiritually alive, intellectually alert, physically disciplined, and socially adept.
• Excellence with Integrity – demonstrated in all personal, academic, professional, and corporate endeavors.
• Caring Community – providing a safe, caring, and Godly environment which encourages unity in diversity.
Communication, Arts and Media is one of ORU’s largest departments with more than 300 student-majors and offers degrees in: Drama; Drama/Television/Film; Dance Performance; Musical Theatre; Media including Multimedia Production, Convergence Journalism, Public Relations and Advertising; Communication; Secondary School Certification in Speech/Drama/Debate; Elementary and Secondary School Certification in Visual Art; Studio Art; and Graphic Design.
Interested candidates: Please download and complete the Application for Faculty Employment, http://www.oru.edu/employment/applications.php. Mail the completed application along with two copies of your curriculum vitae, three references with contact information, copies of teaching evaluations, and a record of professional performance to:
Professor Laura Holland, Faculty Chair
Communication, Arts and Media Dept.
Oral Roberts University
7777 S. Lewis Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74171
Evaluation of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. ORU requires a background check as a condition for faculty employment.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
(Posted Feb. 17, 2014)
Walton Arts Center is seeking a full-time Marketing Coordinator. The Marketing Coordinator will participate in planning and execution for all Walton Arts Center and AMP shows and events, including media coordination, project management, expense tracking, promotional planning and community events. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to grow with Walton Arts Center as we expand programs and venues.
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, Ad/PR, Communications or related field. Candidates will need 1-2 years of professional experience (internships and work study may be included). Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point. An interest in the performing arts is required.
Walton Arts Center is a dynamic community organization committed to bringing the world’s greatest performing artists and entertainment to our region. We invite you to bring your knowledge and vision into a fun and exciting collaborative working environment where the arts are celebrated daily and where each employee is recognized and valued for contributing to the organization's success.
Please email your resume, cover letter to email@example.com and we will talk soon http://www.waltonartscenter.org/