As a service to the community, the Northwest Arkansas Chapter of PRSA is pleased to offer a job bank.
The job bank will help the members of the NWA chapter know about job openings in the public relations and communications field. The job bank also benefits employers who are seeking to hire public relations and communications professionals.
All job position announcements and individuals' resumes may be posted for free on this page for three months.
If you would like to post a job, please send by e-mail: a description of the position, requirements (experience and education), application procedures/deadline, salary (optional), and contact information. Please include an e-mail address if applicable.
Individuals interested in the job will make direct contact with the employer.
Contact: Dave Edmark, 479-575-6940
Additional Career Resources for PR Professionals
Coordinator, University Relations - University of Arkansas-Fort Smith
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Coordinator will serve as office manager and initial contact for the department of University Relations, which includes the Government and Community Relations and Public Information Offices. The candidate selected will work with the Public Information Director to promote and communicate the mission of the University to its target audience while also carrying out a range of duties for the Executive Director of Government and Community Relations. Duties will include: write and disseminate news releases and related materials; create content to website and social media networks; oversee and execute various office operations, including technology, requisitions, and travel; serve as back-up with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) matters; maintain department calendar; coordinate and oversee conference and event logistics; research, compile, and organize information to create varied reports, spreadsheets, and databases; establish and maintain electronic and paper files; oversee budgets and requisitions; track metrics from Twitter analytics and media coverage; and perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree with one year of experience in a journalism, public relations, or related field. Experience with video editing and/or social media is a plus. Demands of the position require a strong journalistic writing style with knowledge of Associated Press usage; a good working knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling; the ability to handle confidential information with absolute discretion; strong computer skills including MS Office; strong recordkeeping abilities; outstanding oral and written communication skills; strong problem solving, organization, and interpersonal skills; effective management skills with competing demands, delays, or unexpected events; a keen sense of initiative, accuracy, time management, and follow through; exceptional attention to detail; a proven ability to communicate well with many different constituencies; and the ability to think critically and display initiative in developing projects to advance UAFS and its mission. Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for part of these requirements.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
BENEFITS: Competitive benefits package available including health, dental, vision, life, and income protection plans; excellent retirement benefits; liberal leave plan; flex benefit plan; and tuition benefits for employee and family.
DEADLINE: Open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit letter of application, resume, and unofficial college transcripts with employment application form to: Search Committee, c/o Human Resources, UAFS, 5210 Grand Avenue, Fullerton Administration Building, Room 239 or P.O. Box 3649, Fort Smith, AR 72913-3649 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications may be eliminated without consideration. Background check required.
Director of Marketing, Mitchell Communications Group
The Director of Marketing is responsible for infusing Mitchell’s brand messaging, tonality and actions throughout content and authentically reflecting the agency’s brand perspective and attitudes. This position will successfully build and promote the agency in close partnership with Executive Management by providing innovative, strategic marketing plans that contribute to strategic public relations, public affairs, social media and internal and external communications in support of the agency. This position will support the editorial process and ensure that all messages and content are relevant to the target audience.
· Implements marketing and media plans, strategy and programs.
· Manages content development in an interactive setting.
o Maintains agency profile pages on social media.
o Ensures the agency website is constantly refreshed and updated with information, examples, case studies, biographies, etc.
o Ensures content is correctly presented and is on-strategy, logically placed, comprehensible and appropriate to the target audience.
o Oversees online search optimization program for the agency, including tagging content and identifying key words to be used in paid and organic searches.
· Collaborates with in-house producers, designers and digital/social teams regularly.
· Identifies opportunities to publicize the agency (new clients, new team members, new work assignments or team member opportunities, etc.)
· Manages an editorial calendar of content across mediums (social channels, websites, PR, broadcast/video, events, etc.) and identified new content program areas. Selects and evaluates content; maintains content inventory.
· Spearheads entries in industry competitions and award shows.
· Handles the administration of the Marketing department and its personnel.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or related field.
· A minimum of 12 years of experience working in marketing, outreach, communications or editorial.
· Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive, leadership, content experience and understanding of the advertising, marketing brand landscape.
· Must be an experienced and highly competent writer who can quickly modify a piece of content or creative for use in multiple channels in various formats.
· Outstanding communication skills and professionalism.
· Expert level attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills needed to maintain brand integrity and dialogue with users.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Must have an understanding of interaction design and information architecture with regards to content strategy.
· Must have content development and editorial calendar planning experience.
Mitchell Communications Group is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.
Please apply at http://www.mitchcommgroup.com/careers/careers.aspx