As a service to the community, the Northwest Arkansas Chapter of PRSA is pleased to offer a job bank.
The job bank will help the members of the NWA chapter know about job openings in the public relations and communications field. The job bank also benefits employers who are seeking to hire public relations and communications professionals.
All job position announcements and individuals' resumes may be posted for free on this page for three months.
If you would like to post a job, please send by e-mail: a description of the position, requirements (experience and education), application procedures/deadline, salary (optional), and contact information. Please include an e-mail address if applicable.
Individuals interested in the job will make direct contact with the employer.
Contact: Dave Edmark, 479-575-6940
Additional Career Resources for PR Professionals
Hope Cancer Resources, a local non-profit providing cancer support and education in the Northwest Arkansas region, is hiring for a new position, Communications Coordinator. We will be accepting resumes through December 31. Please send resume to Gay Prescott, Vice President of Development – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of Job: The purpose of the Communications Coordinator is to create and implement marketing, public relations and advertising to increase the awareness of the programs and services of Hope Cancer Resources to our Northwest Arkansas service area. Communication will be led by our mission to provide compassionate, professional cancer support and education in the Northwest Arkansas region today and tomorrow.
Functions of the Job:
* Protect our brand identity for Hope Cancer Resources and the Foundation. Assure consistency throughout all internal and external communications which includes our printed materials, promotional items, and media.
* Create a marketing plan to educate our region on the programs and services provided by Hope Cancer Resources utilizing print media and social media.
* Develop, maintain and enhance website content for patients and caregivers seeking information about support services, for community leaders and educators seeking prevention education, and to existing and potential donors.
* Create video testimonials of patients, caregivers and board members to share the story of Hope Cancer Resources.
* Create two printed newsletters and a monthly e-newsletter annually. Determine appropriate content for each issue and coordinate with appropriate departments for content.
* Design and implement marketing opportunities to physicians and clinics who diagnose and treat cancer patients.
* Develop earned media opportunities for Hope Cancer Resources related to our programs, new personnel, special achievements and awards, special recognition of our staff, board members and volunteers and cancer awareness months.
* Issue press releases as needed for our support groups, cancer prevention education, screening opportunities, and special events.
* Be involved in our local Chambers and other professional groups.
* BS/BA in Marketing, Graphic Design, and Journalism or work experience equivalent required. Previous advertising and public relations agency background experience a plus.
* Must have proven project management skills and organizational skills. Demonstrated success in sound marketing, advertising, public relations areas and creative problem solving.
* Strong strategic planning and superior communication skills. Strong proof reading and editing skills a must.
* Knowledge of non-profit organizations, professional fundraising, healthcare philanthropy and development a plus.
* Tremendous initiative and the ability to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy or as part of a team.
* An entrepreneurial spirit and interest in growing the overall organization.
* Must possess a strong work ethic, integrity, professionalism.
* Proven success in creating and building relationships with the media.
Media Relations Specialists – Rogers and Fort Smith
Reporting to the Executive Director of Media Relations and Social Media, the Media Relations Specialist implements news strategy and executes tactics to grow Mercy’s reputation and awareness, as well as avert and minimize negative news within the regional community and across Mercy. The role assists in maximizing earned media for Mercy in both traditional news and all relevant social media platforms, and tracking the benefits of these efforts to drive business to Mercy. The role also supports and provides critical recommendations for news and social media as relevant to regional marketing plans and integrated campaigns that drive patient acquisition and retention. This position will work closely with local marketing and operational leadership to ensure coordination and prioritization of news efforts locally. This person will be a visible and active representative of Mercy in the local community, and will perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the mission and values of Mercy.
High-level Job Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Please submit applications to http://bit.ly/1Rk6bLA.
Our client, one of the largest oil and gas companies in the US, is seeking a Digital Communications Manager. This position will be responsible for developing the strategy and voice for the organization’s social channels, giving shape to their messaging and brand to their customers, suppliers, employees and partners.