Honorees Recognized at 2011 Apex Awards Event
Posted May 26, 2011
(Click on photos to download full-resolution versions.)
Several Northwest Arkansas professional communicators took home awards May 25 as the Northwest Arkansas chapter of the Public Relations Society of America presented the 2011 Apex awards during a reception at the Simmons Suites in Bentonville.
|Eric Edelstein delivers his address after receiving the chapter's Communicator of the Year Award from chapter president Christi Gallagher, APR.|
The chapter honored Eric Edelstein, general manager of the Northwest Arkansas Naturals, as Communicator of the Year. It also presented its award for Public Relations Professional of the Year to chapter member Dave Edmark, APR (Accredited in Public Relations).
Edelstein, who has been general manager of the Texas League baseball club since the club’s relocation to Springdale was announced in 2006, was recognized for his work in promoting the team’s presence in the region. He previously served three years as general manager of the Wichita Wranglers and has also been named the Texas League Executive of the Year.
Edmark has served since 1995 as communications director for the Food Safety Consortium in the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture where he works with faculty, staff and administrators in a variety of communications functions. He has also been president and accreditation chair of the PRSA chapter.
|Dave Edmark, APR, speaks to the chapter after accepting the Public Relations Professional of the Year Award from chapter president Christi Gallagher, APR.|
Several other awards were also presented in these categories:
* PR Campaign: iPay Technologies Marketing and Acquisition Campaign,
Clarus Communications, Bentonville and Chicago.
* Special Events/Observances: The Burlsworth Trophy, Mitchell
Communications Group, Fayetteville.
* Magazines: Arkansas magazine, University of Arkansas.
* Websites: Walton International Scholarship Program, Mitchell Communications Group, Fayetteville.
* Social Media: True Gritapalooza, Fort Smith Convention and Visitors
* Feature Stories: "The Real Fort Smith," Fort Smith Convention and
* Podcasts/Vodcasts/Webcasts: Zion House Project, Youth Bridge, Fayetteville.
* Brochure: "Explore With Us," Southwestern Energy Resources Canada.
* Creative Tactic: True Gritapalooza, Fort Smith Convention and
|Christi Gallagher, APR (right), presents Jennifer Boulden with one of three awards she accepted on behalf of the Fort Smith Convention and Visitors Bureau for the Social Media, Feature Stories and Creative Tactic categories.||Christi Gallagher, APR (right), presents the PR Campaign award to Mara Conklin of Clarus Communications.|
|Christi Gallagher, APR (right), presents Scott Pope one of two awards he accepted on behalf of Mitchell Communications Group for the Special Events/Observances and Websites categories.|