Since 1947, the Public Relations Society of America has advanced the standards of the public relations profession and provided members with professional development opportunities through continuing education, information exchange, and research projects conducted on the national and local level. More than 20,000 members strong, organized in 114 chapters, PRSA is the world’s largest organization for public relations professionals.
Alongside the Northwest Arkansas community, so goes our PRSA chapter, full of life and vigorous development. We have one of the fastest growing chapters in the nation – a dynamic assembly of seasoned veterans, spokespeople and communications specialists from major corporations, recent graduates new to careers, private consultants, agency representatives, researchers and non-profit leaders.
Expand your professional and networking opportunities and join us for the next monthly meeting. We look forward to greeting you.
2015 Chapter President
· Event: Chapter meeting
· Date: Wednesday, July 29
· Time: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
· Place: Rogers-Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce, 506 Enterprise Drive, Suite 102, Lowell
· Cost: $15 for PRSA members, free for non-members.
· Program:Most PR professionals have participated in media panels with community news outlets (newspaper, radio, television) at some point in their careers, and it’s essential to have a grasp on how to best foster strong relationships with press across all channels.
Join us for a session that will help you push the envelope on your media dealings with participants from both classic traditional and cutting-edge platforms. Panelists will include media company and publishing representatives as well as adept communicators from disparate industries who have developed a reputation for cutting through the clutter and obtaining the attention of the press and the public.
Bring your questions and challenges, and as always: feel free to invite a peer or colleague. Professionals working in related fields such as marketing, communication and advertising will gain new contacts and motivation from involvement with NWA PRSA.
Join us on Wednesday, July 29, at 11:30 a.m. at the Lowell office of the Rogers-Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce, and return to the office with a fresh spin on effective media relations!
· RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Monday, July 27.
Building Professionalism Through PRSA
The Northwest Arkansas Chapter of PRSA is the leading organization for public relations professionals in the area committed to unifying, strengthening and advancing the profession.
We are dedicated to enhancing the practice of public relations by promoting the professionalism of our members and fostering awareness of our contributions to the public good.
We do this by:
• Empowering public relations professionals to realize their full potential;
• Promoting the highest standards of excellence, professional competence and ethics;
• Creating a collegial environment for professionals to network and mentor one another;
• Providing professional development and educational opportunities; and
• Building understanding and support for public relations throughout the community.
Get on the inside track to a bright future. PRSA provides what you need at any level of your career.